Sunday, July 12, 2009

"A Taste of D.C." Continues...

Where did I leave off? Oh right, my Wednesday night class ("A Taste of D.C." is the title of it) and Mr. Brown's presentation.

After Mr. Brown's presentation, my class and I walked down the street a little and stopped in a place called, "Busboys & Poets." It was an interesting little place. Not only does it serve as a restaurant and lounge, but it also has a popular book store inside where a lot of locals and tourists catch up on some good reading materials.

Once everyone was done scanning through book pages and admiring the funky art, we all headed back toward the metro station. Before I got onto the metro, I met up with my professor and asked her where she would like me to interview her (F.Y.I.- I had spoken with her the day before to see if she wouldn't mind doing an interview with me). The interview was originally for an assignment that each intern/student must complete, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I wanted to interview her for my own benefit. Some of the questions that I asked my professor focused on graduate school, her personal experiences and some of the challenges she has faced. All of the information she provided turned out to be very helpful. I really enjoyed getting her opinion about some of the graduate-school questions that I had rolling around in my head. It was also intriguing to hear about her accomplishments and some of the locations she has traveled to. I found this interview not only to be informational, but I also believe it was very inspirational and uplifting.

While I'm on the topic about interviews, I actually just sent out an email tonight that confirmed another interview to take place with a gentleman who gave a presentation at one of the intern program events just a few weeks ago. After that presentation, I spoke with him and told him that I would love to hear more about his ideas and would appreciate any advice he could give me. The interview will take place on Tuesday, July 14th. Therefore, I think I will spend some time tomorrow preparing questions and points that I would like to mention in the interview.

Check back soon to see how everything goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment