Friday, July 10, 2009

If you remember one thing, remember that family is everything.

Think of something that you've always wanted to learn how to do. What is it? Play an instrument? Learn another language? Learn how to juggle?

For me, something that I have always wanted to learn is how to create and edit videos. I have always loved taking pictures, but there is one problem that I always run into... you can only hang up so many! I think learning how to create and edit videos would be so helpful and it would also allow me to view and show off all of my pictures that usually remain stored away on my computer.

Help has arrived! This past Monday, the students from my TWC program and I attended our weekly programming. For this activity, we were taught how to create and edit our own videos! The computer program we used was very basic, but it was also very helpful and it allowed me to learn the fundamentals of video editing.
(After I finish perfecting my skills, I will post one of my videos)

Moving on... For those of you who don't know a lot about DC, if you ever happen to visit here, there are a handful (or 2 handfuls) of local restaurants/diners that every visitor must experience. One of these places is called, "Ben's Chili Bowl." This local food joint has been around for quite some time (50 years and counting). It was one of the very few businesses that survived during the 1968 riots (whenever Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was shot). My point is, Ben's Chili Bowl has a lot of history behind it and it is even a historical landmark. My first time at Ben's occurred this past Wednesday. During my visit, I was not only able to enjoy some of their delicious food, but I also had the privilege of meeting a close friend of Ben Ali (owner of Ben's Chili Bowl), his name was Mr. Brown and I also got to sit in on a very inspirational, as well as informational, presentation that he gave.

One thing that Mr. Brown kept stressing throughout his presentation was that, family is everything and that you will not overcome challenges or major issues without the love and support of your family.
Always remember that!









No comments:

Post a Comment