Sunday, June 28, 2009

BWF Mid Atlantic Classic (Mac) Soccer Fest

What did you do this weekend?!
I spent my entire weekend preparing, planning and implementing my agency, BWF's (Brotman Winter Fried Communications), largest annual event, Mac Soccerfest. For those of you who are not familiar, this festival is basically a large soccer tournament where hundreds of teams (ranging from age 5 to age 50) come to compete against one another. During this tournament, we have other activities and events going on (i.e. inflatable obstacle course, autograph signing, music, etc.).
Friday was the day to setup and prepare for the two-day event. All of the interns took on a variety of jobs and responsibilities in order to have everything ready and organized for the game days. It was a very busy day. After unloading the truck, moving tables and chairs and then setting up the music system, I came to find out that my day was only half way over.
However, Saturday was the true test to see if we had really planned well. In the morning, it was a little crazy because of all the teams checking in and registering at once. Thankfully, everyone worked very well together and the entire BWF staff managed to pull off a great first day.
On Sunday, the day actually ran much smoother than we had planned. We were expecting the day to consist of a lot of chaos and confusion (because we had a smaller staff), but we ended up with surprisingly less confusion. The registration went fast, all of the field marshalls communicated well with one another, and we even ended up leaving earlier than expected. According to the big guys, we all did a great job! Personally, I was very happy with how everything had turned out. All of the interns got along and we all worked as a team. People were not afraid to help out one another. I think this event made our staff stronger as a whole. Not only was it a great working experience, but it also allowed everyone to sort of open up a little more and let our personalities shine through.
I think this event really brought the BWF staff and interns closer. It is a great feeling when you can wake up and HONESTLY say, "I enjoy what I do, I enjoy where I work and I really like the people I work with."

No comments:

Post a Comment