Friday, June 26, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Okay, so let's recap:
Monday I had my weekly programming for The Washington Center. For the program, each intern had to attend two different workshops of our choice. The two workshops I selected focused on how to apply for graduate school and also how to prepare for it . The workshops also provided valuable tips, a 12-month timeline, and examples of graduate application essays. At 5 o'clock, the workshops had finally come to an end. Immediately after, several of my friends and I met up at Cosi's for dinner. It was a great way to end the day, with new friends and great food!
Tuesday was a pretty ordinary day. I went to work and completed a number of tasks: created media lists, contacted some clients and prepared for BWF's upcoming weekend event (MacSoocer Fest).
Wednesday turned out to be less stressful, compared to my typical Wednesdays. This Wednesday my night class had been cancelled and moved to the following Saturday. It was really nice to be able to go to the gym after work and also have some free time to sit and relax.
Thursday was the complete opposite of Wednesday. It ended up being a very busy day at work because we had to do all of the last minute projects for BWF's weekend event. The MacSoccer Fest is a very large soccer tournament where multiple divisions of soccer players, ranging from young children to adults, come to compete against one another. Also at the tournament, dozens of local vendors come and set up tents to display and sell their products and services.
Friday (today) I spent the entire day in Poolesville, Maryland. The BWF interns and myself spent hours preparing for the big event. We built soccer goals, helped setup and organize the registration tent, we also learned about the music technology and helped setup the music system!
Tomorrow and Sunday are the big days, this should be very interesting! All of the staff have to arrive at the field by 6:30AM! I'm pretty sure this means I should have went to bed 2 hours ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment