Sunday, June 21, 2009

Take me out to the ball game!

This past Friday, the entire Washington Center Media and Communications Program and I went to a Washington Nationals baseball game (compliments of our generous program advisor)!

Since I had never been to a game at the Nationals stadium before, my friend Katie and I decided we should meet up before hand, in hopes of not getting lost. Around 6pm her and I met up at the Federal Triangle Station, little did we know the stadium was only about 100 feet from the station. That made everything a lot easier. Once we got there, we then met up with another girl from our program, Kaylee. We then proceeded to enter the stadium. Before taking my third step past the gates, I found the closest employee and asked, "Where is the food!?" After getting directions, we went straight to the nearest food joint and ordered. The food was great and I was definitely ready to sit back and watch the game. We had to get a little help from the staff in order to find our seats, but after walking up a tremendous amount of steps, we finally found them! The view was great and everyone from our program was enjoying themselves. It was a really nice setting to be in. The weather was great, the Nationals were winning and there were also opportunities for the students to network and talk with one another.

Toward the end of the game, Katie and I decided we needed some dessert (clearly we didn't NEED it, but we were desperately craving ice cream!). As we were heading down the steps and walking toward the ice cream stand, we ran into one of our friends, Quintinn, from Georgetown. Everyone always tells me Washington is actually a small town, but I never believed it. After catching up and talking for a few minutes, we finally cured our cravings and enjoyed a few scoops of chocolate ice cream. What a great way to end the day!












No comments:

Post a Comment