Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hop On The Metro and Pick Somewhere To Go

I'm sure you're all anxious to see how my weekend went, but honestly, the best part didn't even happen until Sunday!

This past Sunday my roommate Lexy and I decided we should go see a movie, little did I know that I was about to watch the funniest movie ever, The Hangover. We thought it would be a good idea to leave about an hour early. The station we had to get off at was one we had never taken before and so we were preparing to eventually get lost, which we did. We hopped onto the metro and got off at the Court House station. We thought we were doing a great job whenever we made the right onto Clarendon Road, little did we know we were supposed to make a left! After about 20 mins of walking aimlessly, we decided to ask someone where the movie theatre was. Once we found out that we were heading 6 blocks in the wrong direction, we got onto the right path and ended up making the show.
One of the best parts about are walk was that we were able to see some beautiful scenery, as well as very elegant water fountains (I personally think they are one of the prettiest outdoor structures). Anyway, Lexy was rushing because we were running a little late. Thankfully, I was able to snap a few quick pictures of the landscaping and fountains. Okay, now onto what I think was the absolute best part, watching the movie. I am pretty sure I didn't stop laughing the entire time, beginning to finish. For those of you who have not seen the movie yet, I recommend you see it soon!

Going back to the part where I was walking around aimlessly, Monday was similar to that. One of the other TWC interns, Kaitlyn, and I decided to do some sightseeing and food tasting after our Monday afternoon program. We were trying to think of some different places to eat at. She started naming a couple cafes and diners, but then she followed with, "I can't remember where they are at." So I thought of the best idea, hop on the metro and pick somewhere to go. Once we were on the metro, we decided to go to the Chinatown station. Not long after, we discovered that it wasn't a bad idea after all. We got to walk past some of Chinatown's most popular restaurants, boutiques and clubs. The day ended up being a success, we found two really good cafes that served delicious appetizers and entrées. In my opinion, that is one successful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment