Sunday, June 7, 2009

Time to Explore: End of Week 1

After a nice 4-day work week (I had to take off a day from my internship to go to a meeting), it was time to meet with my new friends and explore the city!

Friday night came around and it was actually a pretty gloomy night (due to the cloudiness and rain). Some of the other interns and I were going to go sightseeing around the National Mall and in Old Town Alexandria. However, we decided it might be a better idea to wait for another night because there is nothing worse than getting caught in the rain and being 40mins. away from your apartment (kind of like what happened to me on Wednesday night after my night class- not a fun experience-Note: ALWAYS bring an umbrella!) So anyway, we decided to have a night in and just relax, sometimes it's the best idea.

The next morning I woke up pretty early and called my friend Dana. She is one of the other interns for Brotman Winter Fried Communications. Dana has been living in D.C. for a couple of years now, so she knows the area pretty well. We decided to go sightseeing and also check out some of the cuisines that D.C. has to offer. We spent most of our day walking up and down the streets of Georgetown (beautiful but also a very expensive place to be). Later on, she took me down to the Waterfront. When I asked her what the Waterfront was, she said, "I can't tell you, it's a surprise." So, I really wasn't sure what to expect. After a short walk, we started coming up to the Waterfront. Basically, it is a very lively and popular part of town where everyone goes to wine, dine, dance, and walk along the water. The area includes: a hotel, multiple restaurants, a huge fountain display and a dock where everyone brings their boat. In my opinion, this was paradise!

Everywhere you look people are smiling. I'm telling you, if you ever get the chance to go to D.C. in the summer, make sure you stop at the Waterfront! You will not want to leave.










No comments:

Post a Comment