Friday, June 12, 2009

Anything Could Happen


These last three days have been quite eventful for me. Let's see, on Wednesday I got to go to California Tortilla's Kids Day event (they are one of my agency's clients)and then I had my night class, ("A Taste of D.C.") where I got a tour of Pennsylvania Ave in downtown D.C. and later I got to tour The Willard Hotel, on Thursday I got to meet PA State Senator Bob Casey (and get a picture with him...soon to come!) and today I got to eat for free at Nando's restaurant (they are another one of my agency's clients).

So let's get into some detail, the event held at California Tortilla was an event planned especially for kids. The event included: free give-a-ways, face painting (yes, I am an official face painter now!), free coupons, and lots and lots of balloons! The event also featured the wonderful Chippy (Cal. Tor.'s mascot, who was played by one of the other BWF interns, Jeff). This was a fun event for both the children and even us interns, it barely felt like work. Later that day, I met my classmates down at the Old Post Office. My professor, Ms. Gueli, brought along her father who is also a professor himself. He ended up giving us all a tour and taking us to see: The National Theatre, The Willard Hotel, and The Old Ebbitt Grill (where we got to eat!).

Thursday turned out to be a little different. I had to wake up at 5:00AM! I left my apartment around 7:00AM and then headed toward D.C. I then arrived at the Russell Senate Office Building on Capitol Hill. This is where 4 other Washington Center interns and myself got to eat breakfast and introduce ourselves to Bob Casey! A few minutes after meeting him, we got to walk around and meet and greet with some of his staff members. Ashley Stover, one of the staff, is who I got to chat with and ask a few questions to. It turned out to be a great morning and definitely something to remember, "Breakfast with Bob."

Today was a pretty regular day, but the whole idea of getting a free lunch really makes the day 10 times better!

Maybe this weekend will bring some more excitement...

No comments:

Post a Comment