Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's almost time to say goodbye...

This particular week flew by so fast. On Tuesday before I went to my internship, I met up with this guy Marc and did an interview with him. A few weeks back, he had given a presentation at one of our TWC programming events. Not only did he provide helpful tips about the field of communications, but he also shared some of his personal experiences. I felt like I had really learned a lot just from listening to him for 30 mins. Therefore, I met up with him after the presentation and chatted for a bit. Eventually, I worked up the courage and asked if he wouldn't mind meeting up sometime for an interview. He replied with an immediate "Yes" and said he would love to answer any questions I had.

During the interview he gave my some advice about graduate school and how it may become a benefit to me if I work 1-2 years before attending (in order to gain work experience). He also gave me some advice about traveling and finding jobs in communications/public relations. The interview went extremely well in my opinion because a lot of my questions and concerns seemed to be at ease afterwards.
On Wednesday, I had a very packed schedule. When I first arrived at my internship, there had already been a list of tasks that I needed to complete (i.e. post an event on web calendars, email several clients, get pricing for a balloon purchase for one of our upcoming events, draft a press release, etc.). After I completed all of my assignments, I then had to catch the bus and make my way up to Bethesda, MD for my night class.

Thursday just happened to be our vice president Brian's birthday. One of the other interns Dana and I decided last minute to surprise him with a little treat (2 cupcakes and some candles). Also, one of the other executives ordered pizza for everyone. This was a happy day for everyone, who doesn't love a free lunch!?

For me, friday was a lonely day at work and an eye opener. I finally realized that I only have one week left in D.C. Almost all of the BWF interns have left already (Josh, Jeff, Nick, Steve, Kelsey and Dana). I can't believe this internship is almost over. I feel like I need another month here before I'm ready to go back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment